Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Tree

Last year, in an attempt to be festive without taking up a lot of space, I let Sean talk me into buying a tiny fake Christmas tree from a bargain store nearby. I bet this tree is pretty toxic and flammable, and I hope that we can upgrade in a few years, or actually get a real tree, at which point I will probably find out I am allergic to Christmas trees.


Anyway, last week we got out our tiny tree and boxes of ornaments which is always a fun moment. Last year our parents gifted us with ornaments from their trees that "belonged" to us. Sean has more than one Cinderella ornament. I have a collection of embarrassing school photos in mini frames.


This year, we placed our tree on a box to make it a little taller. As you can see from the photo, it's now as tall as me when you include the horrible angel that I won as a Thanksgiving family Bingo prize last year.


Right now, nothing can replace the trees we grew up with which were always a normal size and covered with lights and ornaments, but I'm looking forward to building up our own holiday decoration collection more each year so that when we someday find ourselves spending Christmas morning in our own home, the tree will be covered with memorable, tacky, and ridiculous ornaments that can rival the "naked baby" on my Mom's tree.

2 comments:

  1. That was the ornament you made in Mrs. Gumper's class, right? I have to go an tell her! (Haha)

    ReplyDelete