Monday, May 21, 2012

Oberon and Cherry Pie

Sean and I spent this weekend in Michigan and were very fortunate to enjoy our fill of Oberon and cherry pie (both homemade and from Grand Traverse Pie Co. who did the pies for our wedding) and spend lots of time with family. We were officially there for the Susan G. Komen Race in Kalamazoo on Monday to walk with my step-mom, Nancy, who is having her last chemo treatment this week. Getting to visit a few of our favorite places in Kalamazoo was icing on the cake, or the orange slice in the Oberon as my Dad said.

Saturday Morning cartoons
Bell's Beer Garden, easily one of my favorite places in Michigan
Relaxing on the front porch

Nothing like a brisk walk on a 90 degree day
Cutting up the post-race cherry pie

4 comments:

  1. Love these pics. Especially all of them. Thanks for sharing. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not sure what we were thinking - walking in 90+ temps, walking fast, or walking at all. But we did it! Thank you so much for coming out and sharing a special day with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect weekend! It was good to see you all. The photos are priceless. By the way, in the photo of you and Miriam, I really DO know who is who.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos Ruth. I especially love that you celebrated with a pie. A perfect finale.

    ReplyDelete