Friday, July 27, 2012

Saturday in DUMBO

Excuse the flurry of posts, I am catching up after a very busy few weeks!

One of my goals for this year is to explore more neighborhoods in NYC including in Brooklyn. One the hottest Saturday of the year we met some friends for brunch at Vinegar Hill House in DUMBO. DUMBO stands for Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass and it is a neighborhood with great views of the Brooklyn Bridge and lower Manhattan.

Brunch was delicious. They had Chilaquiles on their menu which Miriam has been raving about from Mexico so I had to try them and I was not disappointed. Afterwards we took a walk to the water but it was unbearably hot so the visit didn't last long.

Manhattan Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge

1 comment:

  1. those don't look like any chilaquiles I've ever seen but I would still devour them happily. technically you can just buy salsa verde or a red enchilada sauce and pour it over the chips then melt some cheese on it, but its not as good as a real sauce.

    ReplyDelete