Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall Changes...

Last week, Sean started his Master's in Public Health program at Columbia. Due to a curriculum change, even though he technically "part-time, " he is taking 10.5 credits this fall. While trying to work full time. This means he is at work/class from around 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day. This is bringing lots of changes to our lives.

The good:
Sean is really geeked about his classes and all the social sciences he is learning about.

I get to watch Gossip Girl on Netflix while he reads and does homework at night.

I have more time for blogging!


The bad:
Now that I get home earlier than Sean (although still late in the evening) I am cooking dinner.

Simpler meals are a necessity. We bought chopped garlic and jarred pasta sauce for the first time in two years.

I saw a horribly scary many legged bug in our apartment this morning. Then realized Sean wouldn't be home until 8 pm to kill it. 

Less time to spend together. The worst.


Needless to say I am already looking forward to next semester when Sean will have an actual part-time course load and be working full time. And maybe get home earlier one night a week? No matter what, I am excited that he has this opportunity. But I am struggling to come up with enough quick meals that will keep us from ordering food during the week. I'm happy to have a "Easy Vegetarian" cookbook from Sean's Aunt Kathy that has several 30 minute meals in it. The one that I made tonight was great! I am also trying to prep more ingredients on the weekend, storing chopped veggies until they are needed in the fridge. And if anyone has any great vegetarian crockpot recipes, send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment