Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It Takes Two

The title of this post is a reference to the most amazing Olsen twins movie which Miriam and I were obviously obsessed with as children. Because my sister is coming to visit! Of course, she's bringing Aaron, which I suppose I can tolerate because it means there is someone to entertain Sean while Miriam and I go shopping and get manicures. I can't wait for them to arrive later this afternoon.

Of course, I am a little nervous about fitting two more people into our apartment for five days. It has been cleaned and organized in every little corner to make the most room. Last night I wanted to give myself a reward for closet organization which in my experience is just a stretch away from Tetris (another throwback). The truth is when we moved in, we wanted to get everything out of our way as quickly as possible, so we were not very purposeful about our storage. We are still stretched for space, but with a little creativity and plotting, things are much more organized and we were able to cram even more stuff into those two little closets. Which I did not think would be possible. Hooray!

And another confession. We have officially entered the secret not so fun society of the Upper West Side lovely old brownstone apartment. No mice yet, but Sean has killed two cockroaches since we moved in, one this morning IN THE SHOWER EEK. That is my worst nightmare right there. I have yet to see one, so I am just living in fear of when it will inevitably happen. I also remain extremely impressed that Sean successfully killed them because let's be honest, those suckers are hard to kill. In my limited experience with them, I have not been able to do it. They just always get away.

Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone is enjoying a long weekend with family, friends, and hopefully some fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment