Monday, June 10, 2013

The Good List

There are always days that seem a little worse than others. When maybe you didn't get enough sleep, or your apartment is a mess, and other little irritations turn into big ones. It's probably raining and gross outside and you didn't eat breakfast. Anyway, today was obviously one of those days for me. When this happens, I like to force myself to think about good things until I stop being grumpy and feeling sorry for myself. Sometimes I even make a list. It's pretty silly, but it always helps. Here is the good list for today:

-remembering to wear your raincoat and boots even though it hasn't started raining yet

-a sturdy umbrella that can withstand the wind

-comfort food in the form of a big pot of tofu and red lentil curry

-fine tuned Pandora stations

-running for the bus and catching it

-Hillary Clinton is now on Twitter

-listening to Moon River, the best line is obviously "Two drifters, off to see the world, there's such a lot of world to see"


Yep. I have high hopes of sleeping well tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I do this too and I swear by it! It's the little things in life we have to remember. :)

    ReplyDelete