Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fourth of July Heat Wave

Sean and I were thrilled to have Miriam and Aaron join us for the long Fourth of July weekend in New York. We were not so thrilled with the heat advisories and amazing humidity. I had planned on many hours wandering Central Park and a picnic dinner at Riverside Park to watch the fireworks. Maybe even a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and promenade. Needless to say every time we tried to do something outdoors it quickly ended in exclamations of ahhhh it's so hot, I'm so sweaty, get me out of here! 

Of course we still had a wonderful time and our little apartment handled visitors very well (ok there was that ant coup of the patio and apartment but we're not discussing that). It has turned out to be very convenient to have your twin sister married to your husband's cousin. Aaron and Sean had no problem going off to the movie theater together while Miriam and I went shopping and got our nails done. We had too much good food: Casa Mono, Shake Shack, The Smith, ABC Kitchen, the Spotted Pig, and of course banana pudding from Magnolia. We also took Miriam and Aaron for their first visit to the Met and ventured up to the rooftop which was on my summer bucket list. The view up there is beautiful, if only it was air conditioned. I also finally made it to the Lincoln Center lawn. What a lovely spot to spend some time (again, when there isn't a heat advisory). So glad it's only a few blocks away.

You can read more details of their visit and see lots of photos on Miriam's blog. I am too exhausted from too much fun for a full recap. The moral of the story is, I love when my sister visits and I am sad when she leaves. Aaron has forever endeared himself by suggesting we watch Mulan after the ant incident. A true hero. Thank you for coming to see us!

Miriam's face says it all. It's 105 degrees out.



1 comment:

  1. HA I purposely did not post that photo on my blog. I knew you would.

    ReplyDelete