Thursday, March 27, 2014

Antigua Guatemala

Well everyone, it is a balmy 26 degrees outside right now. Yesterday I nearly got blown over by 50 mph wind gusts while it was also freezing out, so that was pretty special. I know it's technically spring now but it sure feels like winter to me and I am still dragging out the puffy coat, scarves, gloves, and boots every single morning. Will I ever wear sandals again? Stay tuned.

I was so fortunate to escape the cold for a week and visit Antigua Gautemala with my Mom. We stayed for most of the week with some old work friends of hers who have a lovely home and were great tour guides. It is such a beautiful city and we had a wonderful time exploring, admiring the volcanoes, and learning a lot about the history and culture of the city. I have a work benefit that allows me to travel abroad and take a language class, and I am so glad I decided to take a Spanish class. Not only did it make the trip almost free, I had no idea how fun it could be to learn a language without any pressure. Spanish feels very easy to me (because of it's similarity to French) but I obviously have a lot to learn! Also it was great to start learning it while also being immersed in the language. I am trying to learn more now with the amazing DuoLingo app some of my coworkers recommended. 

I taught Mom the finer art of the selfie while we were wandering around some beautiful cathedral ruins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment