Sunday, May 18, 2014

Oh THIS is spring?!

I was looking back at my blog archive and realizing how sorely I have been neglecting my blog this year. Sincere apologies family and friends, I know you are beside yourself without weekly updates on what new recipe I tried or our latest favorite restaurant. I fully blame blogger and their photo limits on this one, it's not as much fun to blog without sharing lots of photos and I may just need to pay up. But in the meantime, here are some things that are happening:

-We have had a few solid days of 60-70 degrees, chilly in the shade, hot in the sun days. My allergies are going a little crazy. I am reminding myself that this is what spring actually feels like. Too bad it took until late May to get here, but at least it's not 85 every day yet.

-Peonies are here!!! They are my absolute favorite flower, why does the season have to be so short? They remind me of picking a bunch from the yard to take to my elementary school teachers on the last day of school. The only difference here is that I am paying $5 per stem and finding them at Fairway (that's basically the same as a backyard right?).

-It's also officially rosé season. I really got into these wines last summer and while I may have kept buying them through winter, I'm thrilled that it is now socially acceptable to order a glass at a restaurant or wine bar without the waiter looking at me like I am nuts.

-We are getting our little patio herb garden started again. So far we have basil and mint and lavender. We also finally bought a few new planters and some nice pillows for our chairs. It has made a big difference in how much time we want to spend out there.

-And the best news of all. Our local Trader Joe's is now carrying Oberon. I take this as proof that if you're patient enough, miracles do happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment