Tuesday, December 16, 2014

'Tis the Season...

....for my annual dose of Christmas sickness. Almost every year for the past probably five years I have come down with a bad cold or flu once each year, either right before, during, or after Christmas. It is really a Christmas tradition to look forward to. The few weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are always exceptionally busy which means it's the perfect time to be stuck to your couch/pajamas/tea mug/kleenex box.

I am in need of a major holiday miracle to get over this one. This year Sean is in the midst of finals/his thesis, we are struggling to finish up Christmas shopping, and are looking forward to Miriam and Aaron visiting for a weekend right before we head to Michigan for the week of Christmas. We have big plans to show them all the best New York Christmas sites (the Rockefeller tree, the Union Square holiday market, skating in Bryant Park...) and Miriam and I have tickets to see the Nutcracker tomorrow night at Lincoln Center which I have been wanting to do since we moved to New York. I am trading in my festive beverages for Dayquil and Therefalu. Here's hoping it works!


No comments:

Post a Comment