Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 6: Caffeine and Gluten, finally


This week I am thankful to the universe that both coffee and gluten seem to sit well with my stomach. After the first cup of black coffee I had a much harder time falling asleep at night, but that was expected. I have been enjoying bread, pasta, and beer without any stomachaches. Tea does seem to make me feel nauseous if I drink it without food.

Sean loves baking and since buying/eating bread is still challenging when we're not eating processed sugar or corn, we decided to make our own garlic knots. Garlic knots are so delicious, and I really don't know why they aren't a thing in the Midwest. We had never heard of them until moving to NYC but now they are a necessity when ordering pizza.

This recipe includes pureed garbanzo beans and whole wheat flour, which I like to think makes them a little bit healthier than the ones from our favorite pizza place. They are easy and delicious and I can't wait to try other variations of the recipe (from www.neverhomemaker.com).

This weekend we took our first trip to the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria to check out a Jim Henson exhibit. It was the last weekend of the exhibit and therefore very crowded but still fun. They were also doing a big screen showing of the Sound of Music which we caught the first half of. To our surprise, it was a sing-a-long! Lots of fun if you (not so) secretly love the Sound of Music like we do. It's nice to find things to do in our own neighborhood on the weekend, even though I'm planning on us moving when our lease is up in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment