Friday, March 11, 2011

6 months ago, today...



I wish I could say we were doing something romantic to mark this faux-anniversary, but instead it's likely we will be spending our evening at the Red Cross chaperoning 50 High School students at a movie night. This is my job. Sean's coming for the free pizza.

After only 6 months, I'm sure I don't have a lot of wise or interesting thoughts about marriage. It's wonderful, but complicated. There is a lot of arguing about money and chores. There is a lot of "what do you want for dinner?" "I don't know what do you want for dinner" "No, tell me what you really want for dinner!". One of the best parts about being married in NYC has to be always having someone to tell about every little annoying thing that happened on the subway, and they have to listen, and be sympathetic to "someone punched me in the arm today, literally" or "WHY can't they just wait until everyone else gets off the train before getting on!?".

Dear Husband,

I love you. You are the best at cleaning the bathroom and dance parties and making me buy new clothes.

Sincerely,

Wife

2 comments:

  1. Happy faux, you guys! We love you guys, and know that you'll have many happy years together -- even if you can't decide what's for dinner.

    "I like Uncle Sean, he's the best guy ever," your niece just said.

    ReplyDelete