Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Best Burgers


Most delicious burgers, fries and shakes in Astoria: http://www.bareburger.com/

They also have great salads and craft beer. Everything is organic and grass feed, but the veggie burger is great too. We eat here or order food from here (cause of course they deliver!) at least twice a month.

Tonight we went with Jocelyn and Cory and Jocelyn's sister Hayley who is visiting. I didn't think about it until this afternoont that it IS Ash Wednesday and as the good Catholics we are....we should not be having meat on Ash Wednesday. Sean didn't buy into this, but I reminded him that following many of these Catholic traditions is important to me and asked if he was willing to not eat meat on Friday's during Lent with me? (haha because I usually don't eat meat anyways). He said wellll I guess so if I can have Bareburger tonight. Fine.

Sean, anticipating his pain about the future Fridays, chose the "Bareburger Supreme" which has bacon, cheese, onion rings, fries and special sauce on it. It was huge. Then he finished all the fries when everyone else was done. Then he insisted we split a milk-shake (chocolate peanut butter deliciousness). Then his stomach hurt. I said you know when I reminded you we're supposed to fast and not eat meat on Ash Wednesday, I guess you took that to mean EAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. He reminded me that he is sacraficing having pepperoni pizza this Friday.

We all have to make tough choices sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. haha. the ONLY day Aaron usually eats meat is on Fridays when he goes out for lunch with his co-workers. Tell Sean he is lucky compared to Aaron, I've convinced him to go on this month long elimination diet with me.

    http://www.nourishingmeals.com/p/elimination-diet.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my best memories of The City (yes, NYC, what other city would be called "The" city) is all the food smells. So many good places to eat..

    ReplyDelete