Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blizzard Supplies

Yesterday the weather channel was full of doom and gloom about this blizzard warning. Gotta say I did not take it very seriously. There was a New York freak out, running for the grocery stores to stock up in case it was really a snowpocalypse. Sean braved the Columbus Circle Whole Foods because he is my hero, and got all the supplies I requested.

Here is what the Sullivans buy when a blizzard is coming.

Dino Kale
Big package of baby spinach
Almond milk
Tonic water
Tanqueray
Baileys

We know our priorities.

The storm wasn't terribly exciting after all, but there is a good foot of snow outside our window. Days like this really make me want to live close to Central Park so I can go see it in all its winter glory.

Also now is when I give a shout out to my father who two years ago heard my desperate plee for a warm coat and provided me with my white monster Eddie Bauer coat with the big furry hood that keeps me dry and warm during blizzards. And to my sister-in-law who knew that I could not reasonably survive New York City rain and slush season without Hunter rain boots. Both these items were very useful yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. The right supplies for inclement weather! Of course you guys can tough it out --- you're from Michigan!

    ReplyDelete