Sunday, February 3, 2013

Weekend Things

I spent the better part of the weekend looking at apartments. Why? Because I want to move. I do love Astoria but I think it's time for us to get to know a new neighborhood. Here are my requirements: 

1. Reasonable walking distance to a nice park (Central or Prospect obviously)
2. Reasonable commute for both of us (Sean says this means no Brooklyn. I'm willing to debate this theory.)
3. Reasonable walking distance to favorite stores (cough Whole foods and Lululemon)
4. Acceptable sized kitchen with more than a sliver of counter space.
5. Bathroom must not have pink tiles.
6. Dishwasher and laundry in building a plus.
7. Washer/dryer in unit would be amazing. I can dream.
And the big one...
8. Rent must be under $2,000 per month.

If we're going to accomplish all of the above we probably have to move by March. But we probably won't. It'll become July and we won't have moved and rents will have skyrocketed and we'll find ourselves here for another busy fall and back where we started come next January. 

What else did we do this weekend?
We did our taxes (ok, Sean did them. I sat next to him on the couch and looked at Pinterest. He's the best.) That was underwhelming. Nothing like owing the State of New York and the Federal Government some money. At least it was less than last year's whopper. I convinced Sean there was no need to file that until at LEAST March.

We ate all kinds of bad for you Astoria food including greasy pad thai, everything bagels, and milkshakes. I tried the tofu cream cheese at our bagel place, and it was tolerable and didn't make me feel like death as the real thing does. We watched the last episode of 30 Rock and mourned that show, which has faithfully made us laugh for years.

Sunday plans involve making carrot soup. Sean has to study. I have to paint my toenails. The excitement.




No comments:

Post a Comment