Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Moving

Today I put it out into the universe that we are moving. Do you hear that universe? The Sullivans are moving! Where to is still unknown but I know it will be the perfect apartment walking distance to Central Park with an acceptable kitchen and tolerable commute. Or it will be walking distance to our friends soon to be born squishy baby girl. But that's Brooklyn. I digress.

The problem is every time I make the statement that "we are most certainly moving," my apartment starts to look at me in all kinds of funny ways. Yes I still notice the poorly installed sockets, the odd colored marble floor that prevents you from finding anything that is dropped, and the irritating song played over and over by the one we affectionately call downstairs neighbor (usually accompanied by a loud sigh). But suddenly I'm also seeing how much space there is between the foot of the bed and the wall, and how there is a real entryway! Imagine the luxury. And this is without even looking at any apartments for real. We're just at the Internet browsing slowly getting up the courage to make a phone call stage of things.

By this time next week I'll be marveling at the idea of a full size oven all together.


(I had the opportunity to use my new umbrella in a nasty rainstorm last night. Magical.)


No comments:

Post a Comment